Never miss an update from the TIME TRIAL teamSign up now
A few pointers from Finlay on shooting footage that is useful for us at the upcoming Commonwealth Games:
- Above all this is about the ‘fan's eye view’ of one of David’s last races. Don’t worry if people get in the way - let them come in and out of the frame.
- Don’t be afraid to shoot with your family, friends and colleagues all taking the race in, or setting up a picnic at the side of the road, or even shouting abuse!
- Long shots are good. Don’t be shy. Try and hold each shot for a minimum of 30 seconds if not longer.
- Shots of the crowd and environment are also very useful. If something catches your eye that you think is interesting, then film it.
Cycling Films and Scottish Documentary Institute are looking for budding volunteers to shoot, record and photograph pro cyclist David Millar during his last-ever races, in particular the Commonwealth Games in Glasgow.
Called ‘Capture David’, this is a unique opportunity to collect images and upload them to an archive hosted by Cycling Films with the chance for the footage to be seen by David and to be included in the eagerly anticipated DAVID MILLAR PROJECT, a feature-length film directed by Finlay Pretsell.Read more
You can help us capture David Millar's final season in photographs, video or audio clips. We want as much material as possible, both for the film and as a resource that goes beyond. We will credit your work properly at all times and contact you directly when considering your clip for our film.
Want to shoot David's homecoming at the Commonwealth Games?
Select 'Stagiare' on our GET INVOLVED page and put your ideas in comments.
Glasgow 2014 Dates:
- Men's Cycling Time Trial: 31st July, 12.31pm, Time Trial Map
- Men's Cycling Road Race: 3rd August, 12.01pm, Road Race Map
Already got shots of David?
If you already have shots of David from the current season or races in the past, simply fill in the form below.
Check out our FAQ pages for more information.
- What are you looking for around the Commonwealth Games?
- How about that image I took five years ago?
- How can I get a camera for Glasgow?
- What formats can I submit?
- Can I submit someone else's material?
- Can you get me media accreditation to a race?
- What happens to my submission?
- Will David Millar see my submission?
- So what's in it for me?
- Is there a deadline?
- Any advice on how to film?