A few pointers from Finlay on shooting footage that is useful for us at the upcoming Commonwealth Games:
- Above all this is about the ‘fan's eye view’ of one of David’s last races. Don’t worry if people get in the way - let them come in and out of the frame.
- Don’t be afraid to shoot with your family, friends and colleagues all taking the race in, or setting up a picnic at the side of the road, or even shouting abuse!
- Long shots are good. Don’t be shy. Try and hold each shot for a minimum of 30 seconds if not longer.
- Shots of the crowd and environment are also very useful. If something catches your eye that you think is interesting, then film it.
- Please record sound if possible. It doesn’t have to be crystal clear, any sound is better than no sound.
- Shoot in the highest resolution you can with whatever you have at your disposal.
- Photographs are good, video is better.
- Be creative. This isn’t a traditional documentary, so we’re looking for footage that really stands out.
- Hold that phone / camera / tablet super still.
- Stay safe and respect the race.
Once you've shot your footage, or if you already have shots of David from the current season or races in the past, please submit the footage here: DAVIDMILLARFILM.COM/CAPTURE